If you wish to receive any mail in your business name only, you must be on our Business plan (this is also known as the Standard plan). If you aren't already on this plan, take a look at this guide which details how to upgrade.
Please note: If your incoming mail has your personal name and business name on the addressee label you don't have to be on the business plan. You can stick to the Individual or Family plan.
ADDING THE BUSINESS NAME
1. Log into your account and navigate to your "Account" page. Scroll down to the "Account Names" section:
2. Click on the blue "Add New Account Name" link. This takes you to a new page where you enter your business name information.
Enter the business name in the Name field.
In the "Type" field below make sure you select "Company".
3. Upload one form of ID for your business to the Primary ID field.
The document you provide MUST have your name and your business name on it as this proves you are the owner of your business.
Per USPS regulations any of the following are permitted.
- Incorporation certificate
- Commercial Registration
- Certificate for The Registration of The Name along with a photo ID of the officer named in the document.
- EIN document
4. Click the orange "Submit" button and that's it! Once you have uploaded the ID in the previous step we will approve it within 24 hours and you can begin to receive mail in your business name.
If you have more than one business then simply repeat steps 1 to 4 above.
How many business names can I have on the Business plan?
You can add as many as you like! The Business plan allows for an unlimited number of business names.
Does my business name need a 1583 form?
No, it doesn't. If we have approved the primary name on the account then as long as the primary name has a 1583 form then the business name itself doesn't need one. As long as the business document you provide links you to your business that is sufficient.
Do I have to add my business name to the 1583 form if I haven't already provided one yet?
Yes, you can if you want to at the time of signing up. You will need to enter this into box 10 of the form.
Do I need to provide you with a new 1583 form if I add a business at a later date?
No, you don't have to.
Please sign in to leave a comment.